Here is a brief list of some of the common birds, animals and seafood that are kosher and those that are not.
Non-Kosher Birds & Avians
Kosher Birds & Avians
- Red Snapper
- Sea Bass
Rules about Meat
- All animals which chew their cud and have a split hoof are kosher.
- Cattle, Sheep, Goats, and Deer are Kosher.
- Horses, Donkeys, Camels and Pigs are not Kosher.
- Meat mush be killed according to the laws of Shecitah.
- Meat must be properly salted to remove blood.
Rules about Eggs
- Eggs from non-kosher birds are also non-kosher.
- Eggs with blood spots are non-kosher.
Note: Always check with your local rabbi – Kashrut rules are best answered by a local expert